1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the giveaway, leave a post in the comments section for that particular giveaway on the Scholastic Company blog at http://www.OOMScholastic.com. Your comment post must include your email address and must adhere to the giveaway prompt “To enter, leave a comment telling us about your favorite pair of shoes.” One entry per person. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST on 2/19/10. Any and all entries may be posted on the On Our Minds @ Scholastic blog, or any other Web site owned or controlled by the Sponsor, and may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to his/her comment: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the comment submission, (b) the comment submission is entrant’s own creation and original work, (c) the comment submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties, and (d) any third parties mentioned in the comment submission have given entrant appropriate consent to be included and used as permitted herein.
2. Scholastic Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its agencies shall not be liable for (a) telephone, electronic, program, network, Internet, or computer delays, deletions, interruptions or other failures of any kind; (b) late, lost, damaged, failed, misdirected, incomplete, garbled, unintelligible, or delayed computer messages; or (c) any human error that may occur in the processing of any entry, nor are they responsible for any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this giveaway. Proof of online posting of your entry does not constitute proof of delivery. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
3. Giveaway open to legal residents of the United States age 18 or older as of the date of entry, except employees of Scholastic Inc., and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and the immediate families of each. Giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Giveaway is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. Winning Entries will be chosen at random on or around 2/19/10 by Sponsor. Sponsor will contact potential winners on or about 2/19/10. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any comment submission that is inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and /or inappropriate language.
5. Except where prohibited, each entrant (and in the event entrant is a minor, entrant’s parent/legal guardian) consents to the use of his/her first name, age, city and state, likeness, gender, and entry by Sponsor without further notice or compensation.
6. Prize: Three winners will each receive a copy of Klutz Fashion Origami (Approximate Retail Value $19.95 each). Prize is nontransferable, not returnable, and cannot be sold or redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed, except by Sponsor in event of prize unavailability in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Taxes, if any, on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering this giveaway, winners and all entrants agree that Scholastic Inc. and its officers, directors, agents and employees will have no liability or responsibility for injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize or participation in this giveaway and they will be held harmless against any claims arising directly or indirectly from the use of any prizes or participation in the giveaway.
7. If the administration or integrity of the giveaway is compromised or corrupted at any time, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the giveaway. Sponsor and its agencies shall not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering the giveaway. By entering the giveaway, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this giveaway will be ineligible for prizes.
8. To obtain a winners’ list, send a self addressed stamped envelope by 12/30/09 to: Corporate Communications, Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012.
9. Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012